Application DF-BK is recommended for applications such as:
• automotive coatings (non acid catalysed)
• industrial coatings
• wood stains or do-it-yourself paints
• radiation curable coatings (with no loss of cure speed) Its high efficiency has been demonstrated in coatings based on a variety of binders such as
• one- and two-component polyurethanes (water and solvent)
• thermoplastic acrylics (physical drying)
• thermosetting acrylics, alkyds and polyesters
• alkyds (air drying)
• water borne acrylics
• phenolics, vinylics
• radiation curable acrylics
Recommended concentrations : (concentrations are based on weight percent binder solids) Clear coats and 0.5-2% DF-BK CLEAR BLACK The dispersion of DF-BK CLEAR BLACK in water borne coatings may be facilitated by dilution with a water miscible solvent such as butylcarbitol. The performance of DF-BK CLEAR BLACK is significantly improved. These synergistic improvements give coatings superior protection against gloss reduction, cracking, blistering, delamination and color change. Possible interactions of DF-BK CLEAR BLACK with paint ingredients such as acid catalysts should be carefully evaluated. The amount of DF-BK CLEAR BLACK required for optimum performance should be determined in trials covering a concentration range.
Appearance: slightly yellow liquid (typical values)
Dynamic Viscosity at 20°C: 400 mPa s
Miscibilitv at 20°C: DF-BK CLEAR BLACK is miscible to more than 50% with most commonly used paint solvents. Water solubility is less than 0.01%.