Due to the nature of Red in the fluorescent world this color needs to be protected from direct sunlight and might need to be recoated over time. Red is a darker color perceived by the human eye than a yellow. Because the coating is water clear, the surface color underneath the coating will also potentially shift the color. What better way to decorate a room than with invisible and clear black light paint that will show its color under Risk Reactor Black Light.
Benefits of CF2-C7 Clear Red UV Paints:
Very strong fluorescent red!
Can not be found in stores!
Mix with other colors to make shades!
Strong durable acrylic coating!
Goes on clear!
Can be used on just about any surface!
Cleans up with MEK or acetone, xylene, paint thinner, and other solvents.
Meets ASTM C1315!
Theatrical, dorm rooms, arts and crafts, exhibits, displays, hidden image art, youth rooms, bars, night clubs, restaurants, theme parks, and of course fun.
Film Type: Acrylic
Film Thickness: Produces a 2 mil. Dry Film.
Coverage: Approximately 350 sq. ft. per gallon.
Drying Time: At 75°F (24°C), it dries to the touch in about 30 minutes. Can be recoated in 1-2 hours.
Cleaning Up: Use most solvents such as mineral spirits, xylene, toluene, lacquer thinner, MEK, etc.
Flash Point: 116 F
Shelf Life: Minimum 12 months. Note that this color is very sensitive and not as lightfast.
Packaging: Gallon, Pint and Ounce Containers.
How to Use:
This product can be used on just about any surface. The closer the surface is to white, the brighter the fluorescent color. Black and dark colors tend to absorb light diminishing the fluorescent effect. Adding more will help give you a brighter glow response. Prepare the surface as you would with any other type of paint. Since this is oil based paint, use in a well ventilated room.
- Stir or shake well before use to ensure the fluorescent agent is evenly dispersed in solution.
- For best results apply two coats of white CN1XW X-Treme White Undercoat.
- Touch dry within 2 - 4 hours.
- It is recommended that at least 24 hours is allowed between applications, to ensure that all water in the mix has evaporated and, therefore, that each coat is thoroughly dry before the next is applied.
- Do not freeze.
- Clean tools with cold water.
- Seal container after use.
- All colours are intermixable.
- Ensure that all mixes are thoroughly stirred.
- For spraying and to increase coverage: 2 parts paint to 1 part water.
- To increase coverage: 3 parts paint to 1 part CN2 Overcoat.