This pigment, along with our PPSB-06 is one of the strongest pigments on the market today. Both of these can glow for more than 100 hours on a single charge and are rechargeable. Our PPSB-10 Invisible Turquoise phosphorescent pigment was developed to go into non water based mediums only. You can use the pigment in water based medium for a short period of time, such as mixing and then using. Do not use in a water based medium for any length of time or might experience a 20% glow loss. Phosphorescent pigment is the basic building block for material that glows in the dark.
It works by absorbing ambient light and then re-emitting it in the visible spectrum. This process can be repeated an infinite amount of times. The color visible in regular light is an off white and it will glow a vibrant Turquoise in the dark. This "change" of color is why we refer to it as invisible. You can mix this pigment into any clear medium such as glue, paint, caukling, wax, clay, gel candles, liquid nails, silicone, urethane, you name it.
Benefits of Risk Reactor's PPSB-10 Invisible Turquoise Pigment:
- Glow for more than 100 hours on a single charge!
- Easy to work with!
- Long afterglow lasting pigment!
- Product can last more than 15 years, unlike conventional pigment!
- Just about any light will charge it!
- Glows a strong Turquoise!
- Safe and non-toxic!
- Can be used with just about any non-aqueous medium!
Clock & watch dials, paint, electronic instrument dial pads, poly urethane, home appliances, lighting apparatus and switches, exit signs, emergency signage and low level lighting escape systems (Egress Systems), aircraft and automobile dials and instrument panels, firemen's equipment, traffic signs & high visibility signs, fishing equipment, military applications, outdoor path marking, camping equipment, textile printing and textile fibers, writing & printing inks, You can use this product anywhere a long afterglow and/or light fastness is needed.
Appearance: Off-White Powder/No Order
Melting Point: Dissociates 1200 C
Excitation Energy: 200-450 nm
Emission Wavelength: 490 nm
Vapor Pressure: N/AP
Vapor Density: N/AP
Solubility In Water: soluble
Weight Per Cube Meter: 3.0-3.6
Flammability Class: N/AP
Chemical Name: Alkaline Earth Metal Aluminate Oxide Europium Doped.
Extinguishing Media: Water
Specific Gravity: 3.0-3.6
Freezing Point: N/AP
Percent Volatile: N/AP
Evaporation Rate: N/AP
pH (% in water): N/AP
Flash Point: N/AP
Auto-Ignition Temp: N/AP.
Note: This pigment should not be exposed to any water including humidity. If it does, it will eventually breakdown and you will loose about 20% of the glowing capacity. Store in a cool dry place.
Glow Time Chart Measured in mcd/m2
The afterglow brightness is measured under D65 standard light source excited by 1000 lux for 10 minutes. The excitation wavelength is 253.7 nm. The instrument to determine brightness LS-100. As a general rule, the larger the particle size the greater and longer the glow. The threshold of the human eye to detect light is .32 mcd/m2 with a dark adapted eye.
How to Use:
This product is easy to work with. Simply mix it with a clear medium such as clear paint, clear glue, clear wax, etc. and you will have a glowing material! Follow the guidelines below to ensure you maximize the glowing effectiveness of our product.
- More powder, higher percentage will produce brighter, longer glow.
- Use a white, or light color as a background for best results. Any color other than white will diminish glow.
- Use the clearest vehicle possible. Any pigment in the vehicle will decrease the brightness and length of glow.
- The thicker (to a point) the layer of Glow Powder will produce longer and brighter luminosity.
- Try to prevent moisture in the manufacturing process.
- Do not use vehicle with high acidity.
- Do not grind the Glow Powder, it will destroy the crystal structure and therefore decrease luminosity.
- The larger the particle size of the Glow Powder the greater the glow.
- Ratio of Glow Powder to medium is from 10% to 50% by weight depending on application and manufacture process. Best to start with 30% and move and down depending on cost, manufacturing process, and other factors that are unique to your application.