PPSB-0B1LB is once pound of the PPSB-0B glows more than the visible glow in the dark pigments and less than the PPSB-06 pigment and our PPSB-10. These are the strongest pigments on the market today. Both of these can glow for more than 100 hours on a single charge and are rechargeable. Our PPSB-06 Invisible Yellow Green phosphorescent pigment was developed to go into non water based mediums only. You can use the pigment in water based medium for a short period of time, such as mixing and then using. Phosphorescent pigment is the basic building block for material that glows in the dark. It works by absorbing ambient light and then re-emitting it in the visible spectrum. This process can be repeated an infinite amount of times. The color visible in regular light is an off white and it will glow a vibrant Yellow Green in the dark. This "change" of color is why we refer to it as invisible. You can mix this pigment into any clear medium such as glue, paint, caukling, wax, clay, gel candles, liquid nails, silicone, urethane, you name it.
Benefits of Risk Reactor's PPSB-0B1LB Special Phosphorescent Invisible White Pigments.
- Glow for more than 6 hours on a single charge!
- Easiest glowing white to work with!
- Long afterglow lasting pigment!
- Product can last more than 15 years, unlike conventional pigment!
- Just about any light will charge it!
- Glows a strong Bright White!
- Safe and non-toxic!
- Can be used with just about any non-aqueous medium!
PPSB-0B1LB pound of white glow powders are used in?
Clock & watch dials, paint, electronic instrument dial pads, poly urethane, home appliances, lighting apparatus and switches, exit signs, emergency signage and low level lighting escape systems (Egress Systems), aircraft and automobile dials and instrument panels, firemen's equipment, traffic signs & high visibility signs, fishing equipment, military applications, outdoor path marking, camping equipment, textile printing and textile fibers, writing & printing inks, You can use this product anywhere a long afterglow and/or light fastness is needed.
Technical Information for white glow in the dark pigment powders.
Appearance: Light-Yellow Powder/No Order
Melting Point: Dissociates 1200 C
Excitation Energy: 200-450 nm
Emission Wavelength: 523 nm
Vapor Pressure: N/AP
Vapor Density: N/AP
Solubility In Water: soluble
Weight Per Cube Meter: 3.0-3.6
Flammability Class: N/AP
Chemical Name: Alkaline Earth Metal Aluminate Oxide Europium Doped.
Extinguishing Media: Water
Specific Gravity: 3.0-3.6
Freezing Point: N/AP
Percent Volatile: N/AP
Basic Guidelines For Using Risk Reactor Glow in the Dark White Pigments.
- More powder, higher percentage will produce brighter, longer glow.
- Use a white, or light color as a background for best results. Any color other than white will diminish glow.
- Use the clearest vehicle possible. Any pigment in the vehicle will decrease the brightness and length of glow.
- The thicker (to a point) the layer of Risk Reactor's Glow in the Dark Pigment will produce longer and brighter luminosity.
- Try to prevent moisture in the manufacturing process.
- Do not use vehicle with high acidity.
- Do not grind the Glow in the Dark Pigment , it will destroy the crystal structure and therefore decrease luminosity.
- The larger the particle size of the Glow in the Dark Pigment the greater the glow.
- Ratio of Glow Powder to medium is from 10% to 50% by weight depending on application and manufacture process.